Saturday, 23 June 2007

My first post


Joining the bandwagon together with all my close friends, creating a blog :)

Frequency of posting will depend on whether I can hold this interest. Whether I can sustain the objective of blogging since I've never gotten to write journals or keeping a diary in my entire life.

What a better way to start a blog after going through such a drastic life change. Where should I start.... hmmm... Let's start where my has been before the change (I think this is going to be a long posting... HIAKS!).

Life was pretty routine. Devote most of my spare time in gym and hanging out with beloved close friends, who are surprisingly mostly are guys. My wonderful pals. Now I realised how much I miss them dearly after moving to Sydney.

As far I recall, one of the significant change to my routine was going through not one but two courses, being trained as a gym instructor. Looking at how much instructors enjoy themselves while conducting their classes certainly made me want to try it out. Just for the fun of it. Took the training course in 2005. Never expected that I would be continuing this so call moonlighting for more then a year. Well this fun-job has been put on hold after moving to Sydney on a job transfer.

The moonlighting job was fun to a certain degree. It was hard work, squeezing every brain cell trying to fit myself to the ideal profile of an instructor. I guess this life change was fated. Coz the next significant turning point is meeting my fiance (at this point of time) in gym. Maybe I would have never met him if I hadn't taught in Summit (it's blardi far from why I was staying in KL lar...). Why this is significant? Well, one fact was that I was single for the longest time. 6 or 7 years i think. Didn't bother to keep track of time since I enjoying my single hood. Another reason to keep a blog, so I could keep track of the phases in my life, so many things, events, friends that I've forgotten.

I met him sometime ago. He attended my classes before. Not sure why but he ask me out only this year right after CNY. Fated? Dunno. He was not the type of person that I would go out with lar. But he has a nice and friendly personality. Why not, for a casual outing? No harm meeting new friend right? Oh... the first impression I had about him... I thought he was gay.... hehehe... I was rather curious why he asked me out if he's gay, so I agreed to go out... I hope he's not reading this.... hahaha.

We started to get to know each other better. Got closer especially when I injured myself during one of my classes. Pulled my knee ligament. I was devastated. He was there with me everyday throughout the ordeal of recuperating. Just ask any of my friends, how I love going to the gym. Unable to sweat it out is like taking away water or air (maybe not to that extend lar... ;) ).

While giving my knee a rest, I received a job opportunity to be posted to Sydney. At first I was so delighted, but when reality kicks in, took me a while pondering on the fact that I'd to leave everything I have in KL. My job back then didn't really offer much challenge, it's was a comfortable job that pays the bills. Told myself, while I'm still young (not really young lar...), go take the change in environment.

So here I am now, in a foreign land with no friends nor relatives. I'm surprised that my parents actually agreed with me moving here. Coming back to the relationship, I CAN NOT do a long distance relationship. What is hold a relationship when I can't even touch that person? That's for me lar ;) So what the next course of action? I proposed to end it, and he proposed to get married. And I said yes. FYI, the relationship started in March, engaged in May. EXPRESS locomotion!

This is him and me.

Next post... more pictures.... hehehe...

No comments: