Saturday, 11 October 2008

My First Journey to Melbourne

It has been over a year and 6 months since I arrived in Aussie land. Looking back this time frame, there wasn't many adventures as I've expected initially. All I could blame on is myself.... "Hello everyone, my name is Lynn. I'm a workaholic". Soon, probably after a couple more years the introduction may change to... "Hello everyone, my name is Lynn. I'm an alcoholic". ;-p Kyle thinks I've been drinking alot more since I've arrived here. Well.... this I can't blame on myself. Aussie wine, bubblies and BEER are just too good too miss... burp! excuse me... :-) (mind I did not ever gotten myself drunk since I came here, just went striaght to bed... hehehehe)

Back to Melbourne, the main reason I found an excuse to travel to VIC is for Melinda's wedding celebration. she looks absolutely stunning. You know those Hong Kong celebreties... we have one here... :)

Marcus, Melinda & Kyle

Kyle was studying in Melbourne during his yoounger days. So we paid a visit to one of his old uni mate. Her kids are adorable (Chinese mom and Indian dad). Her youngest son could pull off as a very handsome Japanese boy... : )
Of course, without any doubt, I need to do the touristsy stuff... here are some pictures.
One thing I really love about this city is the alleyways in between the tall buildings. Hidden are those little unique cafes with the most enjoyable coffees. Oh yeah... one more.... "Hello everyone, my name is Lynn and I'm a caffeine addict."
Melbourne has a different feel to Sydney... I find it here rather artsy-fartsy... don't you think so?

Having just 2 days to explore Melbourne is just not enough... I'm definitely coming here again : ) Now all I need is another reason to get here... anyone interested? : )

2 comments:

Mervin Lee said...

What the **** is Kyle having that kind of hairstyle!!! GAWD!!!! :D

Mervin Lee said...

oh yeah.. if you're still in Melb.. head to Chapel St... I'm sure Kyle will tell you stuff about that place... And of course, the 'happy' ppl hang out at Commercial Road, Prahran...

Other attractions: Johnston St, Loads of quaint cafes and boutique stores, And Sydney Road... for middle eastern delights... Lygon Street for Italian food.... St. Kilda (there's a vegetarian restaurant and they serve really great food!!!) I forgot the name liao... If u can drive, head down to the Dandenong Market and to Dandenong Mountains....

I miSS my 2nd HOME!!! HAIZ!!!!!!!! I really miss MELB!