Me... about 1 week before the big POP !!! I had brunch with dear buddy, Audrey. It was a very relaxing, enjoyed the girl-talk. I'm glad I had the chance to catch up with Audrey as opportunities like this will be difficult to come by especially with a baby around. On 2nd May, Sunday, my mom and yeeyee arrived. Immediately we went for shopping and yam cha... hehehe... On Monday, 3rd May, the other grannies arrived, my in-laws. Then came Tuesday 5am 4th May, the BIG POP arrived. My water bag broke or burst, depending how you interpret :) There were no contractions, but the midwife hotline advise us to check into the hospital as soon as possible. I had strep B bacteria that may affect the baby if there's further delay in labour.
So after 4 hours... here is the brand spanking new bubs and proud, teary eyes, daddy. I can't believe how tiny she looks. I was too exhausted even though it was a 4 hours labour. Yes I know, compared to other birth stories, mine was a fast and furious POP ! :) Up today, I can still recall the pain ! Due to the short labour, I do not have the option for any painkillers beside the gas. It was an ALL NATURAL BIRTH which is NOT in my birth plan !!!!
My darling... My angelic girl. After a couple of days, I couldn't believe how did she fit into my belly :) I had to stay in the hospital ALONE for the next 4 days after delivery. That short period was a nightmare. I couldn't cope with the baby and me milk just wouldn't come. Till today blardi milk is still slow ! Pure frustration ! I hardly had any sleep, even to go to the loo was difficult. Oh yeah, I had 3rd degree tear at down below. However the pain after delivery was manageable, I was not bed-ridden like some of me friends have experience.
She has very long limbs. Probably took after mommy... ;) Having a slight jaundice, Eliya has to have daily sun bath.
Newbie mommy try her best not to drop Eliya into the bath tub... hehehe... Bath time is really lots of fun. She LOVES it !!!
Eliya's VERY FIRST outing. There's daddy and grandpa taking turns pushing the pram. Eliya was suc a fantastic temperment ! She slept the whole time and LOVES the bumpy motion in the pram. I can foresee that she would be enjoying going out more so than a homebody, she is so lan kai. We went to Milson's Point, met up with Audrey for brunch.
A peecha of pohpoh, grandma and grandpa at Lavender Bay park.
Eliya's full moon celebration.



2 comments:
Babe! Was it full month celebration already?!
I am so happy for you babe! She is beautiful.. ;)
Keep us update on little Eliya. Bring her back for holiday soon! so Aunty Swee can cuddle her. :)
hehehe... Aunty Swee ?!?!? I thought you'll like to be address as "pretty sister" ;p
Not sure when I'll be back. This year end, I'll be using my annual leave to go to Toronto, Kyle's bro's wedding.
So me guess it'll be next year :)
Post a Comment