Friday, 2 December 2011

My First DIY Project

Since moving into my current unit mid last year (that's ONE and a HALF years ago), we have been procrastinating on our window finishing. Our temporary solution was hanging up throw blankets. It was really not shabby. I hated it so much, everyday I wake up, this sight of sore eye greeted me.

So one fine day, went on the internet, research on some blinds and how much it costs. I bought 6 beautiful venetian bamboo blinds for HALF PRICE ! 

All I need was a screwdriver and some elbow and shoulder grease...


Now both bedrooms have a gorgeous warm feeling. And a right arm that feels like falling off. Getting the screw in the wood panels with a manual screwdriver is a kick-ass workout... but because I'm right-handed, I only get a workout on my right arm !!! 



After hanging the blinds, riding on a "DIY" momentum, I tackled the bathroom door. My place a federation building. Not sure why but the doors has two long patterned glass window panels. Not much of a privacy, anyway... I bought some window tint film from Bunnings, stick on the panels.... taa daa... a bathroom with some privacy :)

Now.... my hands are itching to get a light hand held drill.... I am trawling in the web for some promo price. Wish me luck :)

No comments: