Tuesday, 1 September 2009

My First USA & Canada Holiday

 
Check out the Statue of Liberty !! So SMALL !!! hehehe
 
 
Left: One nice church in NYC downtown. Right: @ Wall Street
I love this grocery store... Whole Foods Market. I wish this company could open afew outlet in Sydney and give Coles & Woolworth a run for their money !
During the whole trip in NYC I was desperately craving for a good cuppa. The stuff that local people drink for a caffeine kick taste terrible. Once I managed to spot illy coffee signboard at NYC Financial District. I had a sudden craving/addiction rush !  ok ok... I'm spoilt... I'm truly grateful to have my daily coffee in Sydney : )
The Seto family photo during the Toronto banquet (so red... so traditional... there was a slight drama before and during the wedding dinner but we compromised, so enough said...)
Wedding banquet number # 4 in LA !!! Yea, that's right. No.#1 in Hong Kong, No.#2 in Kuala Lumpur, No.#3 in Toronto and now LA. Who wants to get marry these days after going through all this...  Oh yeah, check out the food that we ordered, there was no more room on the table of 10 pax !!!
P.S: cost of food in LA is the cheapest. Cost in Toronto is even cheaper than in Sydney, NYC & Vegas. Would I move to Toronto for the cheaper cost of living? Hmmm... that will be my million dollar question... : ) 
This is Niagara Falls with Kyle's Bro and Heidi. Yes the view is spectacular couldn't imagine so much water.  I was expecting this place to be absolutely romantic... bla bla... the scenes that you would see in the movies. But, the place was so crowded and people queueing for the boat ride into the Falls. And who says we are having a reccession ??? Now that I've been there, I don't think I'll be coming here again : )
 
My first wine tasting experience : ) oh... the ice wine from this winery is to die for... slurp-er-licious !!!
 
At a Tex-Mex restaurant in Niagara Falls. I was just trying to eat something "light"... So I've ordered veggie tacos... Woah!! Why am I not surprise of the portion !
 
 We managed to catch up with one of hubby's college mate, Ann. Coincidentally she was back as well for a holiday. Awesome timing Gal !!!

 
Left: @ Empire State building. It was amazingly crowded at the observation deck. Nobody is has the slightest concern about the piggy-swine-flu, including us... hahaha... Right: @ De famous Times Square. Ok lar, lots of lights, hussle and buzzle... been there done that...

  At Las Vegas, this is officially our "honeymoon" part of the journey ; ) We were so busy and exhausted from SHOPPING that we didn't do the "deed"... Hiaks! Oh have I mentioned the shopping spree in Vegas is DA BEST shopping ever !!! We will not shop anywhere else but here. Branded stuff at such low prices, it's unbelievable... I'm proposing that we'll accummulate all of our savings from not shopping and do a bi-annual trip here. What do you think?
 
 
By the way, the place we stayed in Vegas, Venetian hotel, is really NICEEEE ! Next trip let's try the Palazzo ;-)

No comments: