Monday, 12 July 2010

Baby Eliya @ 8 weeks

Caught on camera !!! Eliya smiling in her slept :-) Such a daddy's girl, every night she needs daddy to cuddle her to sleep. I hope we are not spoiling her to bits :)

She could entertain herself now. She doesn't demand CONSTANT attention. Mr. Caterpillar, Ms Worm and Mr Giraffe have been such an amusement lately. I guess Eliya is fascinated by their colours.

We have settled into a so call routine now. Eliya needs her milk usually around 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm, 6.30pm, 11.30pm and 4am. Sometimes she skips a feed for a longer sleep. How I wish she could skip the 4am feed SOON... !!! We have not had our precious 6 hours straight sleep since Eliya arrived.

Eliya is learning to talk... hahaha... not so soon. She is just trying to imitate the way we talk. I wish I could understand what she is trying to say. That will be SO COOL !!! Her baby talk is so darn CUTE ! She voice at the beginning is like a sweet little angelic tone. Now, her vocal cord went up a couple of notches! Her yehyeh and mahmah are so smitten when they "chit chat" with Eliya.

We went for our first Mother's Group at a nearby community centre. Most babies in that group were about 4 weeks and 8 weeks age. There were 11 babies, and Eliya was the center of attention (and we were the beaming proud parents... hehehe). She was the most alert baby and the only one who was smiling during the whole session. However, Eliya was the only baby who was bottle fed, while the rest had their moms whipping out their boobs filled with milk whenever a feed was needed. I had a short moment of depression, not able to perform a simple task of breast feeding my baby. Not able to provide her the best nutrient. My mom and Kyle were very supportive. Formula milk is not that bad. ( but it taste AWFUL!) Hey, I grew up with formula milk too and I turn out ok  ; p

4 comments:

Mervin Lee said...

Hey... SHE IS SO GORGEOUS!!!! :D

Lynn said...

Kwan asks where is her pressie ;p

Swee said...

Babe,she is just so adorable! I can so imagine Kyle being the daddy staying up to wait for her at night, tapping toes and staring up and down to the young boys that trying to ask his baby girl out for dates, 16 years later...

Tee hee!

Lynn said...

hehehe... i can already visualise too the protective dad screening through all the boys she will be dating ;p

If I'm in her shoes back in my younger days, I'm blardi rebellious. Let's hope she would not turn out like her mommy...