Thursday, 20 January 2011

My Baby's First Fever

My little precious is having her first fever and cold. Poor baby... running nose, coughing phlegm, fever off and on. I wish I could take the feeling away. But she needs to deal with this, part of her experience, her learning process. building immunity. Sigh... *sakit hati*

Eliya was not well a couple of days before she flew home with her daddy. Daddy did not tell me. He's right, no point making me worry. I was so excited to greet them at the airport. After hearing the news, her heart sank to my toes.

I has been 2 weeks since I last saw my baby. I feel like I'm greeting a stranger, Eliya has changed. She doesn't know who I am. Her character is different now. And she has reached a few milestone development. And I MISSED THEM ALL !!! Boo-hoo-hoo :(
When I left KL, Eliya could sit well and has just started to scoot my bum trying to crawl. Once back home when I put her down at her play area, she was CRAWLING ON ALL 4's. I can see she's a curious baby. as our place is not entirely baby proofed. We had to monitor her constantly.

Besides crawling, Eliya LOVES to pull herself up to STANDING ! I'm so impressed ! As she's still learning to balance on 2 legs, she does this cute dance with the hips moving side-to-side, front-to-back, turning round and round... SO ADORABLE ! I can't believe I said it. 3 years back I didn't find babies remotely cute. They were screaming little devils. Strange how my perspective has changed in such a short time frame.

Within the last 4 days, Eliya has suffered so many bumps and bruises. And I don't mean a mild head bump on to the floor while crawling. It's a falls while standing doing the Michael Jackson's Moonwalker move. And another fall was from OUR bed to the floor. I know, it's my fault. I have surrounded her with all the pillows I could find. But she could crawl now. I thought she would call us when she wakes up. No more. I think her guardian angel has cushioned the fall. she was remarkably quiet after the big fall. Thank You Guardian Angel !

Eliya is now 8 months old. More photos coming soon, when I have the time not cuddling or monitoring my little one. Lately, she is more whinging, more manja, more difficult to handle. I really really hope it's the fever and cold that she's acting this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to witness her growth, isnt it?

She is a cute little angel!

The next time she comes back, will be running around Aunty Swee already? ^^