Monday, 30 July 2007

My First Experience of a Long Distance Relationship

First of all let me just say that me and relationships never hit it off. Besides this current relationship (now can considered legally married..) I had only one previous serious relationship. I'm not kidding anyone. No experience lar, to cut the story short :-p

I'm very certain LDR (long distance relationship) can NEVER work for me. I was prepared to end this relationship before I moved to Aust...
erm.. more like I actually tried to end it. I could not hold on to a relationship without the physical touch or a nice warm hug. I can't hug my heater for crying out loud just to feel the warmth ! Hehehe....

Here I am now, going through a so call LDR. He is not coming here till end of next month. And if he were to spend his last few opportunities to hang out his KL-mates. I'll be looking at September for his arrival. Hence, approximately in total, 4 months of LDR. I know it's pathatic compared to some friends who had experience a much longer term. But this is me, I can't bear with it. Yes I'm impatient, I'm not afraid to admit :-p

I just don't know how can anyone sustain a mental focus with a constant plague of a feeling, longing for your other half. It's KILLING me right now !!!

Technology, to get "in touch" with someone is just a phone call away or a buzz on the instant messenger. But is this enough? There's still an emptiness. Just walking along the beach or the shopping mall, I see a very loving couple walk pass, I felt so sad. I have been trying to be patient. With every ounce of effort I put in just to control the thought of being without my other half, there comes some one, be it my closes pal or a colleague reminding me of him. This so tough.

Some friends advised it's just a matter of time till I get used to it. Get used to the feeling of being away from your partner. Well... I can say that the process of getting there is blardi difficult.

If fate has been twisted... coming to Aust alone, after the end of this relationship, the situation would be different... I think... I hope... probably the feeling would be channel to missing my family & my lovable doggies... hmmm... can I bring Yury over here? She would love the beach, I'm quite sure she would... ponder.... I shall check out the procedures these few days :-)

5 comments:

Swee said...

Babe...
I understand. I hv been through that ...

And trust me, you are gonna be alright... he is coming over, so soon...

Longing for the touch you know you would not get is even unbearable... :)

Kelvin said...

one word..... drama lah you .... sigh .. bring yuri along then can you tumpang and bring puffy along too .. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Try cooking, it is fun! Preparing the grocery list, dashing from aisle by aisle searching for the correct ingredients, watching eggs turn golden yellow, adding cheese and vodka, FLAMBE! Just be prepared to clean up. There are a hundred and one things you can experiment with cooking/baking. :D

Before you know it, it is already 4 months. Besides, Yuri can be your food tester... :p

kelvin: N puffy can test too. :P

Lynn said...

OMG! Puffy is uncontrollable! No thank you babe. And I think your dad wants her more than I do.

Bunny... dogs can't eat FLAMBE !

Oh.. btw.. I did try to cook. Guess what, I ended up with purple rice. Heheheh

Anonymous said...

Purple rice??! You tried to make red wine rice?!? Hahaha