Thursday, 9 August 2007

My Cooking Experience

I'm through with can food & frozen meals... besides filling up the tummy, it's expanding me...

So tried me hands with food. Started with salad, no cooking involved. Easy peasy. Just toss some veggie together. Not that simple ! The first couple of rounds, the salad taste just awful, not even edible. Now, after close to 3 mths here, I can say that I make quite a decent salad. One problem, same problem with my mom, I don't know how to proportion the meal ! A meal meant for one person turn out to feed supposedly 2-3 people. So how? Finish the food all by myself... ;-p I must admit the after feeling was so uncomfortable.

Next, tried to actually cook. Canned food... just throw into the pan and boil. So I throw in rice & veggie and boil. Guess what I had? Purple rice with veggie. The colour came from the purple cabbage that I throw in... heheheh... taste-wise it's ok... just add lots lots lost of chilli and have glasses of wine. Any food consumed will taste so pleasant, HIAKS!

The other day, I baked fish... and I cheated. I bought a ready-marinated fish fillet. Fish is well done but... the fish was too salty & not fresh... yeech...

Today made soup, my first ABC soup. I'm not sure why it's called ABC, perhaps as basic as ABC? Ingredients; parsnips, onion, celery & carrot. Not bad, it's edible. ;-p

Didn't want to eat out most of the time. Felt rather lonely & selfish, occupying a table just for myself when other tables were couples, families & parties... Besides, eating out is rather pricey. Unlike back in KL, cheap food comes everywhere, was being spoiled for choices lar. Every corner is either a mamak stall or chinese hawkers. Or can eat at home, mommy's cooking. Dear mom, how I appreciate your efforts now.

Dear God

I pray that my hubby can cook decent meals.
I don't mind washing up.

Praying hard, sincerely,
Lynn

2 comments:

Swee said...

Morning Babe~~

Hm.... I heard your hubby can cook la.... :)

Lynn said...

Yes, i was told that he can cook. But he hasn't proof it yet. Could be just blowing hot air ;p