Who does she look like? Me or her Dad?
One of her (mommy's and daddy's actually...) favourite past time is having a bath. I think this water baby will grow up to be a swimmer... ;-)
She is now just shy of 6 kg and 60 cm in height (or length... since she can't stand yet... hehehe). True to her chinese name, Hei Yee ("happy child"), she laughs and smiles in bucket loads ! No matter how frustrated we get caring for her, our stress simply evaporates immediately when she beams us a toothless smile. I guess this is one of the joys of being a parent.
Besides smiling heaps, she is also a very verbal baby, just like her daddy, she likes to "talk". Cooing and goo-goo-gaa with her grandparents especially. I could expect a very emotional situation when we bid goodbye my in-laws. They have grown so attached to her.
Just a couple of days ago, we tried to teach her to say daah-dee and mah-mee. Hubby was trying to get her to imitate "daddy" and she responded, ah tiew ! At first we were in such a shock. OMG! Where did she learn to curse ?!?!?!? Then it don on us that it was just accidental and laughed our heads off.
Hubby celebrated his first birthday with Eliya. And I baked him a chocolate banana birthday cake. Yes, I BAKED a cake. My first cake !!! It's a bit lop sided, but HEY! It's my first cake. And YES, I'm learning to be a bit more domesticated these days :-)
Next week I'm resuming work after 3 good months of maternity leave. Initially, I thought this is going to easy getting back to a routine which I've been very comfortable with before Eliya arrived. Now... I think I'm going to miss her so much when I'm at work !
No comments:
Post a Comment